Thursday, November 18, 2010

Upside Down Turkey

These days everyone has a diffferent way to cook their turkey.  Brine, dry brine, deep fry, roasted, etc.  I'm here to offer one more suggestion...  Last year I roasted mine upside down for the first time.  Have you heard of this?  It was, in fact, the juiciest turkey I've ever tasted and it is easy!  Roast your bird breast side down (according to your temperature and size recommendations) until you have about 30-40 minutes cooking time left.  Turn the bird over at this point so you get the beautiful golden brown Thanksgiving Day color on it.  Everything else is the same.  Roasting it breast side down ensures that all of those juices run into the breasts and other meat instead of dripping away from it.  You will still have plently of drippings for gravy and you can brine if you'd like.  My family just raved about it and yours will too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

The first year I was ever in charge of the turkey for my family, I accidentally cooked it upside down.

Everyone said it was the best turkey they'd ever had and I've been cooking them that way since! :)

{ps...did you know the picture on your blog background is messed up?}

Have a great week!

Simple Daisy said...

Cute photo!! I don't eat turkey....but I am sure there are more than a million ways to cook a bird:)