Friday, October 1, 2010

Hodge-Podge

  • Even though it is 88 degrees out today, I am loving the low humidity.  I'm looking forward to doing some fall decorating now that it's October.  I don't do much since s lot of it looks out of place in a tropical setting, but I have a few fun things to set out.
  • Work has been crazy busy.  It's finally settling down this week after a month of me running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
  • I am working this weight watchers thing!  I've lost 16 pounds and I feel really good!  Mr. Beachy is eating whatever I eat for dinner and is losing too.  We are trying new recipes and I'm really enjoying the challenge of making healthy meals that we really like.  With fall here it will be fun to come up with pumpkin, chili, soups, and other meals that are satisfying and comforting without being too diet-y. 
  • My sister and her family moved back up north this month.  My dad is loving having the company and the baby around.  I'm really, truly happy for all of them, but I still miss my sister and niece.
  • I absolutely love being married to Mr. Beachy.  We've never had so much fun and feel more in love everyday.
  • We are planning another mini-honeymoon in the next few weeks to Myrtle Beach!  Neither of us has been there so we are really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

beachhouse etc. said...

i love conch and the people who fish for them... love your blog it's all about THE BEACH ...suzanne