Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Working with what you've got.

It was the opposite of sunny in the sunshine state this weekend.  Friday to Monday we were pounded with rain everyday.  There was no pool, beach, or pool for us!  We sipped tropical cocktails, trying to will the rain away, but nothin' doin'.  We stayed in, except to dodge raindrops for Publix, see the new Tom Cruise movie, Knight and Day (we thought it was a great summer flick), go to Beall's and Target. 

Mr. Beachy organized our pantry and a couple kitchen cabinets, one of which holds our cookbooks and spices.  We have a lot of cookbooks from Louisiana and even some from up north.  We decided on Friday that we would each pick a cookbook and then pick a recipe to make over the weekend.  We had so much fun!  Mr. Beachy chose Pork Stroganoff from a mushroom themed cookbook (a gift from my mom) and I selected a modified version of Louisiana Stuffed Chicken with Crawfish Sauce from a Hurricane Katrina cookbook.  We secured our ingredients and made our dishes on Saturday and Sunday.  I'm not sure we could have picked two better recipes!  This week I'll be sharing both with you and I hope you try them.  Truly delicious and such a fun rainy day project!

2 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

I hear ya about the bad weather this past weekend in FL. We just stayed in mostly too.. but still managed to have a great time! The recipes sound great! My fiance and I sit down each weekend and try to plan out a few meals a week together.. it's so fun.

Autumn said...

I left an award for you on my blog! have a great weekend..hopefully it holds a lot of sunshine for you!