Monday, February 15, 2010

Better than Cheddar Bay Biscuits



Last night for Mr. Beachy and my Valentine's dinner I made a slow cooker pork roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions. (I used a packet of brown gravy mix and a packet of slow cooker seasoning mix and added water). I served this ultimate comfort meal with Better than Cheddar Bay Biscuits! So easy and so delicious! All you need to do is follow the recipe for biscuits on the Bisquick box, but add some shredded cheddar cheese. I added about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup and also added a bit of fresh ground pepper. You may need to add a little splash of water. Mix and bake as directed until golden brown. While the biscuits are baking, melt 2 - 3 tablesoons of butter. Add dried parsley flakes, garlic powder and salt to taste. When the biscuits are done, brush or spoon on your butter mixture. So easy, inexpensive and impressive!

3 comments:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Shall try this my friend.
Yesterday I saw sun....it's coming. Need a pedicure...it won't be long.

Solar Powered said...

my mouth is watering

Simple Daisy said...

Those look super yummy:)