Thursday, November 5, 2009

To warm you up...



I know it's starting to get chilly for many of you so I wanted to share a WONDERFUL Chili recipe that Mr. Beachy and I enjoyed just this week. This is based on a Publix (a southern grocery store chain) recipe and I've made some changes. It's super easy, tastes delicious, and is very economical.

Ingredients:

1 onion (chopped)
1 lb ground beef
3 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (14.5-ounce) can Rotel (whatever kind you like, I used hot) (undrained)
2 small cans diced green chiles (undrained)
1 (16-ounce) can chili beans in mild sauce (undrained)
1 (15-ounce) can black beans (drained)
1 jalepeno (chopped)
1 can of beer (any kind)

Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place beef, chili powder, pepper, and onion in pan. Cook 4–5 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until meat is brown and no pink remains. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors.

Serve with shredded cheese, crackers, and sour cream for toppings. You can also make a nice cornbread and salad to go along with this chili.

2 comments:

Ambs said...

I love Publix! We don't have any up here but when the one I visited inSiesta Key this summer had some amazing sushi! The chili looks tasty too!

Preppy Pugs said...

I made your chili this afternoon. Mmmm, very spicy and good. I did make a few of my own changes too. Instead of chili beans I added a can of corn, I don't like chili beans. I also added 2 tsp. of cumin just because I like cumin in my chili. I will definitely make this recipe again. Thank you!