Friday, June 26, 2009

The King of Pop

My sister will always remember Michael Jackson.

I think she was in 4th grade. (I'm a couple years older.) It was the days of Thriller and Beat It. We had a dollar and we were ready to invest people! So in our wooden Dr. Scholl's sandals, we sprinted for the grocery store to get our hot little hands on some Michael Jackson trading cards (and we probably took the Pepsi challenge while we were at it...do you remember that?). Dr. Scholl's sandals and sprinting 8 year olds aren't a great combo. My little sister bit it. Hard. And she tried to catch herself with her arm and sure enough, broke it at the elbow.

Her arm wasn't properly set and it's crooked. But funny. My sister will always remember Michael Jackson.

2 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Poor thing! What a way to remember! Ouch!

My mom wouldn't let my sister and I wear Dr. Scholls! She said they were "too dangerous!"

No helmets;
No seatbelts;
Second Hand Smoke...

Oh my!

I did my own little post on Michael, but mostly for Farrah who died the same day. She was truly an "Angel."

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

p.s. love your blog~