Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Bites

I had a GREAT time with my sister this weekend. We talked about how we could't believe she was having a baby. And baby names. And how they found out. And how to decorate the baby's room. Basically just all things baby! Oh, and did I mention I am the Godmother? :)


We also had some wonderful food. As soon as I got there I made PW's Chile Con Queso Dip, which was great. My sister's husband made us dinner:

Country Ribs, Salad and Home-Made Potato Salad. I will be getting you the recipe for the potato salad...it is the best!


A little later on, Mr. Beachy (who is at "The Draft") sends me this picture of his dinner:

It's the biggest taco I've ever seen. Look at his hand next to it!


Later in the night, we were a little snacky so my sister's husband made Crab Rangoons!

These are fantastic. To make these, combine cream cheese, just a little real or fake crabmeat, a a sprinkle of sugar and a small splash of vanilla in a bowl and soften in the microwave a few seconds. Less than ten seconds. You don't want it runny, just softened. Stir it up. Layout won ton wrappers and add a spoonful of the mixture to the center. Fold over and press closed. Fry them up in a pan of oil and serve with sweet 'n sour sauce.

7 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh that's so exciting. I recently became a niece and when my sister was pregnant it was such an exciting time. It's so fun to come up with baby names and day dream a little. Enjoy these times with your sister... pretty soon she will be consumed with a little one :)

DT ~ RDH said...

Holy cow, everything on your post looks DELICIOUS!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

the rangoons look delish!

Solar Powered said...

yum, my kind of people, you and your good food!

Simple Daisy said...

Yummm....
Nice to hear you had such a nice time!!!

Stereos and Souffles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stereos and Souffles said...

I'll be making the rangoons! Yum.