Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The snowbirds are coming!



We slept with our windows open last night and woke up snuggled under our comforter to a chilly 59 degrees... inside! It's now too cold to swim (at least for me), but gorgeous for walking on the beach. We walked for about an hour an a half last night.



For those of you who asked about how my mom was doing I just thought I would give you a quick update:

About a week and a half ago she fell and broke her hip. We were pretty worried about her recovery from this since she has been through so much with the cancer, surgeries, gamma knife, etc... but she continues to be the strongest person I know.

She came home today.

1 comment:

YellowRose said...

As a beach loving midwest gal, I love coming to your blog for the beach pictures and your stories of checking out the beaches of Florida.
Key West is a favorite of mine also. Keep up the good work for a gal in the dreary weather of October in Indiana.