Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No photos, but...

This weekend my boyfriend and I went to Blind Pass Beach on Manasota Key. After Ike, the surf was still a little crazy and it was unbelievable the shells that washed up! I am not kidding when I tell you that there were dune sized mounds of them and not just itty bitty ones either. I am going to try to get back out there tomorrow so I can take and share some pictures with you.

After the beach we went to Lock 'n Key for drinks. We also had Mussels, Conch Fritters and Grouper. OMG. The food was great and so was the view. It's located across from Englewood Beach so the location is perfect for sunsets!

When we finished eating we went back home and got in the pool. We were just swimming around and two mallard ducks decided to join us! They swam around for 5 minutes or so and then flew off to the lake.

Today I went shopping for new clothes and shoes because I start a NEW JOB this Thursday! I have been looking for about 2 1/2 months now (since we moved). We will be celebrating with dinner at a new restaurant Friday night. I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

1 comment:

SLS said...

Yep, you are right the best time to get good shells it right after a major storm!
Congrats on the new job!! Have fun shopping and celebrating!