Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Let's not and say we did."



I think the New Kids on the Block COMEBACK gave me a FLASHBACK. For some reason Outback Red shirts popped into my head today. And sticker books! And all the 80's stuff I grew up with!

Does this sound familar to anyone else???

You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
You wanted to be on StarSearch.
You ever uttered the word "Radical!" or "grody" or "oh, Barf!" or "gag me"
You wore jelly shoes and jelly bracelets - Jelly shoes were so gross. My feet would get hot and sweat like crazy.
You thought "Ghostbusters" was by far the coolest movie
You remember watching shows like "Punky Brewster" , "Webster", "You Can't Do That On Television" , "Wild&Crazy Kids" and "Double Dare"
You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.
You wore a banana clip in your hair or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth. - Banana clips in every color of the rainblow.
You rolled up the bottoms of your splatter painted jeans.
You wore loafers with everything, and you put the laces in those little rolls.
You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.
You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
You can name half of the members of the elite "Brat Pack."
You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours!
You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock. - I heard the Fraggles are coming back!
You yearned to be a member of The Babysitters Club, and tried to start a club of your own. - I loved Sweet Valley High!
You sat on your back porch, playing with your "My Little Pony" , "Rainbow Brite" , and "Strawberry Shortcake" dolls - These have all reappeared! We had the best toys! We played barbies forever.
You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."
You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
You know what "sike" and "not!" mean
You fell victim to 80's fashion : big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, big hoop earrings, and possibly the worst:you wore spandex pants. - We were so HOT!
You wanted to be a Goonie, or Elliot from E.T.
You owned an extensive collection of Cabbage Patch Kids and trolls.
You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
You ever wore flourescent -neon if you will clothing....
You could breakdance, or wished you could.
You know who He-Man and She-Ra are. - She -Ra Pricess of Power!
You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system. - Remember Space invaders?
You know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby". - Rollin' in my 5.0 with my ragtop down so my hair can blow, the girlies on standby waving just to say hi, did ya stop no I just drove by
You remember MC hammer well.
You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Belair".
You own any cassettes. - I used to tape music off the radio. Shut up! I know you did too!
You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
You remember and/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from PizzaHut. - My parents still have these. We also have glasses from the Muppet Movie and old McDonald's plates!
Pizza Hut was the coolest place to hang. - We loved Steak 'n Shake!
Poltergeist freaked you out.
You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an E.T. lunchbox.
You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
You totally LOVED Barbie's cooler, punkier counterpart, "Jem" and her "Rockers" - "Jem is truly outrageous. Truly, truly truly outrageous!"
You wanted to have an alien like Alf living in your house.
You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
You wore tights under shorts and felt stylish.
You layered your multi-colored slouch socks, and added suspenders to make your outfit complete.
You ever had a Swatch Watch. - I had swatches and Coca Cola watches!
You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare. - Love the stare! Grumpy was my favorite.
You had a crush on one of the Coreys - Hello? Dream a Little Dream, the Lost Boys, Lucas, Stand by Me?????
You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
You had WonderWoman or Superman underwear.
You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
You believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power"
You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ever owned or wanted any of the NKOTB action figures or dolls.
You remember when Deborah Gibson was "Debbie" Gibson. - I had her perfume "Electric Youth"
...Word to your mother.

6 comments:

Petite G. said...

So F*kinf funny! OMG I was born in 71 but there are so many on that list that I literally LOL hard. By the power of Greyskull... Oh too funny. Remember Culture Club and Tiffany (I think we're alone now)

Thanks for stopping by. I'm adding you to my list.

Tits McGhee

Well I Do Declare said...

I was born in 81 so those really brought back a lot of memories! I wanted to be Punky Brewster and I used to pretend our Golden Retriever was Brandon. I lived in Jellies. I read every Babysitters Club book. I had a Strawberry Shortcake sleeping bag and birthday party. And the list goes on and on. I haven't seen St. Elmo's Fire, but I added it to my Netflix!!!

Solar Powered said...

Born in 77 and love it! I had an ET and a Gremlin doll and EVERY sweet valley twin book before I moved on to EVERY sweet valley high book. You are right we had the best toys...Strawberry carrying case and all.

Life, Love And Lola said...

1974...You just gave me a total flashback!

The Mrs. said...

Man you are bringing me back! I still love st.elmos and will always!!!

Unknown said...

Man, the shirts they had back then is soo old school. Nowadays, it is all about urban t shirts!