Friday, April 25, 2008

Salsa Recipes




I love to make my own salsa and I was wondering if any of you do the same? I'd love to get your ideas! Please share your recipes with me. Here is my ingredient list. Amounts vary according to how much you are making and taste preferences, of course.

Really good tomatoes (it's not worth making if your tomatoes are flavorless)
jalepeno
red onion
fresh cilantro
fresh squeezed lime juice
chili powder
cumin
salt
cracked black pepper

I don't have a food processor so I chop all of my ingredients, put in a bowl and allow to sit for about an hour so the flavors come together. I use "restaurant-style" tortilla chips when serving. Yum!

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Glad you posted this! Love fresh salsa!

MatersandMelons said...

Thanks for the recipe. I am always looking for something to do with my 400+ acres of tomatoes :)!

Butterfly in the Wolfpack said...

Saw your ingredient list for salsa and mine is more or less the same :-) You can substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes if you want a tasty green salsa as well. Two additional things I use are garlic and a little bit of olive oil--it tends to hold everything together.

Btw, I'm also a Midwest transplant in the South (MI to NC) and am currently living on coast in the southern Outer Banks. Love your blog!