Wednesday, March 5, 2008

100 Things About Me

1. Someday I want to live on a boat with boyfriend.
2. My mom is the nicest person I've ever met.
3. My favorite place to be is the beach -DUH.
4. I was in a sorority in college and loved every minute of it.
5. I remember very little from my college classes.
6. My favorite food is mexican with pizza and sushi close behind.
7. I miss my family.
8. My favorite book right now is "An Embarrassment of Mangoes"
9. I don't have many friends.
10. The ones I have are true.
11. My new favorite TV show is Jon & Kate plus 8.
12. Peeling crawfish cuts my fingers.
13. I hate bugs. All bugs. What is up with the palmetto bugs A.K.A. tree roaches?!!?! WTF? There was nothing like that in Illinois.
14. I once sang onstage with the Kingsmen. You know...the "Louie, Louie" guys!
15. I have one sister.
16. I love thunderstorms.
17. I'm Lutheran.
18. I want a dog, but can't have one til we move to a house.
19. I am never late.
20. I don't balance my checkbook.
21. I love iced tea, but I prefer it unsweetened. Very un-Southern.
22. My favorite toy growing up was Barbie.
23. I hate having my sheets tucked in at the bottom of the bed. My toes need air!
24. I like cleaning the kitchen.
25. I hate to vacuum. I don't even like the word vacuum. It's weird. I had a border collie who as a puppy would bite it. As she got older she would go hide in a closet as soon as it made an appearance.
26. I want to learn to sail.
27. I want to learn to scuba.
28. I have to have gloss or something on my lips at all times.
29. Boyfriend has made me laugh, more than anyone I know, for more than 10 years now.
30. I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
31. Despite the fact that I will wear them, I don't like high heels. I have weak ankles and bad knees and am always worried about falling. Given a choice in footwear I would always pick flip flops.
32. I have a cheap-o version of an ipod.
33. No movie has ever made me cry as hard as the Notebook. My other favorite tear-jerkers are Steel Magnolias and On Golden Pond.
34. I can't drive a stick.
35. I love boating.
36. I don't like lotion. There are very few that don't make my skin feel greasy and I will tolerate.
37. I love tomatoes but I don't remember the last time I had a truly great one. My grandparents used to grow them on the farm and there was nothing better.
38. I loved my grandparents farm. My Grandpa built it after he came home from WWII and married my Grandma. I am sure there was never softer grass anywhere.
39. I'm not sure I ever want children.
40. I keep my nails short. Long nails gross me out.
41. I haven't had my hair done professionally for years. I cut and highlight it myself.
42. I want to have my hair done by someone else soon.
43. My first car was a Buick.
44. I currently drive a Taurus.
45. Sometimes I think I want a jeep, sometimes a convertible.
46. I love my office at work. It is decorated in shades of light green and dark woods. It's brand new and I am the first one to ever have it. It's also my first office I've ever had.
47. My parents are still married.
48. I don't buy cherry coke zero very often because I can drink the whole 12 pack in a day.
49. My mom once braided my hair and wrapped it like Princess Leia when I was little so I could wear it like that to school.
50. My mom also permed JUST the sides of my hair. This was when feathering was so in. She thought a body perm would be great for this. Not so much. I still have the school picture.
51. I evacutated for Hurricane Katrina.
52. I don't really like talking on the phone.
53. I was raised in a town with no stop lights.
54. I hate math.
55. I like banana bread but hate banana drinks.
56. I keep foldable tailgating chairs in my trunk all year round even though we only use them once a year for Jazz Fest.
57. My first bike was a used men's 10 speed.
58. I still have a string of white icicle Christmas lights up on my balcony. It's March. I just love the glow at night. It's so perfect. I do know it's also tacky.
59. I look forward to going to the dentist if I know I'm getting nitros.
60. I like to cook.
61. I like to cook too much.
62. I hate working out.
63. I feel better if I'm working out.
64. During the warm months (April or May thru October here) boyfriend and I are in the pool every chance we get, most times sipping adult beverages.
65. I have freckles and I like them.
66. My feet are huge, but narrow. Size 11. Like banana boats.
67. My toenails are ALWAYS painted a shade of red.
68. I wear a plain silver toe ring in the summer.
69. My sister was also my sorority sister.
70. I have a hard time making friends. I'm not sure why. It was much easier in other places I've lived.
71. I've never traveled west of Omaha, Nebraska.
72. I've only traveled within the USA.
73. I don't care to vacation anywhere cold.
74. I want to be a size 6.
75. But I still want boobs.
76. I have never had short hair.
78. I drink champagne on a regular basis.
79. Don't yell at me.
80. I have a million nicknames from boyfriend, but the one used daily is the same one my Grandma called me.
81. Boyfriend uses said nickname 99% of the time. He rarely calls me by my real name and when he does it totally throws me.
82. I spent a small fortune on a mouth guard to stop myself from grinding my teeth. I have never worn it.
83. I hate baths. I don't understand how you get clean enough.
84. My first concert was New Kids on the Block. My parents gave my sister and I tickets for Christmas.
85. College was a 6 year blur.
86. I never attended my college graduation.
87. Boyfriend is my best friend. I love him.
88. I am afraid of yogurt. It's alive.
89. My laugh is so loud.
90. I listen to the TODAY show on the radio every morning on the way to work.
91. I am grateful to every single person who helped New Orleans after Katrina.
92. I am such a homebody.
93. I used to love going out as often as possible.
94. I love collecting shells from beaches we go to on vacation.
95. My favorite Thanksgiving meal ever was grouper nuggets and conch fritters in Key West.
96. I've never owned a bikini.
97. I forget to water my plants.
98. I only have 2 plants.
99. My dad is one of the good guys.
100. My mom is BEATING breast cancer.

3 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Wow! We have so much in common!
I am a few but true type girl with my friends, I have a sister, love John & Kate Plus 8, hate having my sheets tucked in at the bottom, blonde hair and blue eyes, freckles, could eat tomatoes like apples, love banana bread and hate everything else banana, still have Christmas lights on my porch and refuse to take them down, my toenails are "Dutch Tuplips" red from OPI 95% of the year, wish I was a size 6 (duh!), never left the US, a day without the Today show just doesn't seem normal, I keep jars of seashells from different beaches and won't mix them together, my dad is ALSO one of the good guys, and my mom is a cancer survivor!

Elizabeth said...

Love love love the list. It's fab and I think you having lights on the balcony makes perfect sense.

And hello, WTF is up with the bugs? I no get. They FLY for Christ's sake. There is something so wrong with that.

Unknown said...

LOL! The bugs are the worst part about the south.